McKenzie Beach...well kept secret of the Low Country {Litchfield Beach, SC}

If you've driven down Hwy. 17 into Litchfield Beach and Pawleys Island then you have likely passed this property. I have wanted to shoot here since I moved to the area in 1997. 

A few years ago a dear client called me...actually her sweet hubby called. He wanted to surprise his wife for Christmas with some very special portraits of their children and as it turns out, their family owns this very property and this is where he wanted to shoot. It's quite possible you heard me scream with excitement if you were in the area.

Being the wonderful clients that they are, they were kind enough to allow me to shoot my daughters portraits on the property a few months later. These are just a very few of the images I shot.
If you've ever wondered about that dilapidated building (motel) and disheveled lot...there is so much super cool history! I mean, Duke Ellington played here!  Take a peek at what used to be McKenzie Beach and you will be surprised at the details.
I'm re-posting these images now, a few years later as the property is now for sale. With my fingers crossed I'm hoping that something incredible is done with it.

No comments: